Monday, October 22, 2007

A Short Getaway

Last weekend we decided to get away and take in a show at the Tuacahn, near St. George. Duncan had to help administer a tuning exam on Saturday morning, so we left early Saturday afternoon. It rained/sleeted/snowed through much of the drive, but we managed to stay entertained, as you can see by the short video clip of "Corny Collins" (from "Hairspray").



We stayed at the Abbey Inn, where you can get a reduced room rate and discounted Tuacahn tickets with their Tuacahn package, something I had done a couple times before with a group of friends. Here I am in our hotel room showing off my growing belly. :)

We had a little time to relax and then it was off to the show--42nd Street. It was quite windy and cool, so we bundled up for the outdoor, evening show. Well, the wind only got worse, and by intermission they canceled the rest of the show. :( We were disappointed, but happy to get out of the wind! Since we had a little extra time, we decided to go to one of my favorite St. George spots, Nielsen's Frozen Custard....mmmm. Then we went back to our room and played Scrabble....no, we really did. The next morning we filled up at the complimentary deluxe breakfast (they even had grits!), hit the road, and made it back for our 1:00 church meetings. It was a quick trip, but fun!

2 comments:

Callie said...

Nice Duncan. I'll have to update myself on the "Corny Collins" show when we rent "Hairspray". Did you get anything back from them canceling the other half of the show? Gina you look great, by the way! You do too, Duncan.

Cindy said...

I must admit, I don't know much about "Hairspray", but you sounded great Duncan! Sounds like fun trip!