Friday, April 18, 2008
Chloe's Blessing Day
It's been a busy week so this post is past due, but here it finally is. Chloe was blessed last Sunday, April 13th. We arrived at church with the form from the clerk in hand and sat waiting for the blessing to be announced. Opening song, opening prayer, letter from the First Presidency, callings and releases... but no baby blessing announcement. As the Sacrament hymn started, Duncan walked to the stand to remind the bishopric and they squeezed us in the program. This slight delay was actually a good thing (one of those tender mercies) because it gave Chad time to arrive with his family and still participate in the blessing. As if the last minute shift in the meeting weren't enough, the bishopric member announced that we would be blessing "Cleo." Luckily, Duncan gave her the correct name: Chloe Marie Peterson. :) She wore the same dress that Duncan and his siblings were blessed in (newborn baby boys wore dresses back then). It was a special day.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Have we ever told you the story when Kathleen, Kekulani, Preston, Joseph and I went to from NC to Little Rock and missed the blessing of Caleb... I'm glad Chad and the gang could be there.
It was to Nick's blessing that Chad took "planes, trains, and automobiles" to get there. That one was also in Little Rock. Nick, Chad and I left the Moms at home and made a road trip with Kathleen, Madelaine and Will. Sorry we couldn't do the same for Chloe. That was a fun trip.
What a neat tradition that Chloe could be blessed in the same dress as her father - I'm sure it was a special day for you.
Denny
Wish you could have been here for the blessing. Caroline and Will have grown up so much since the last time I saw them! Duncan and I would like to make a trip to NC soon.
I'm glad I could make it up for that! Chloe is such a doll. I think it is about time for Aunt Nancy to babysit again :)I will be available soon!
Priceless! I love blessing days. They are so eventful.
Chloe looks beautiful.
She's so beautiful. How neat she was able to be blessed in Duncan outfit. I loved when my babies were blessed. What a special day. Glad you family could be there.
Post a Comment