Sunday, June 8, 2008

« mouche bébé »

Chloe has had a bit of a stuffy nose lately. So, in an effort to help her breathe better, I decided to try a most unique shower gift I received from a friend who had recently been to France, and who had purchased the gift there. It's called a "mouche bébé," which basically means "baby nose blow," but there is no blowing involved. Here's how it works: you put the wide end of the pointed plastic thing (which has a white foam plug/filter in it) into the thick plastic cylinder at the end of the tube (see figure 2). Then you put the pointed thing up the baby's nose and suck vigorously through the white triangular mouthpiece until you have cleared the baby's nasal passage and the stuff that was obstructing the passage ends up in the clear plastic tip. I know, it sounds gross--and it is--but it's pretty effective; much more effective than those suction bulbs. The plastic tips are disposable, so the next time you're in France, pick up some refills for me!

6 comments:

Nick + Liz said...

I have been trying to come up with a comment... but, I just can't get past, "suck vigorously".

Dennis said...

I needed an excuse to travel - refills for the mouche bebe just might be the ticket.

Amy said...

Alright I'm still trying not to laugh at Nicks comment. LOVE IT ! I've NEVER heard of one of those. HMMM....I'm still not getting a picture of how you do it. Oh well hope her nose is all better. Poor girl .

The Carlson Family said...

I'm gagging right now.

The Carlson Family said...

...and laughing

Cindy said...

We got one similiar to that from Japan. The same concept just a different style. Cindy never really had a problem using it and she swears by it. I tried it once and could not stop gagging. It was designed to prohibit snot from going up the tube but the thought had me gagging. Cindy says it's the best thing to clear a baby's nose.