Friday, March 12, 2010

Birthday Bash

Duncan and I celebrated my birthday a week early by going to The Melting Pot in Salt Lake and seeing Brian Regan live at Abravanel Hall. It was so much fun! Here is a picture of our first course--the traditional Swiss cheese fondue. I'll have to admit, it wasn't as good as I remember it tasting the first time we went to The Melting Pot; and, of course, it's not as good as the stuff you get in Switzerland, but it'll do in a pinch. (By the way, we drank sparkling raspberry juice. It was yummy.)


Mmm....
For our second course, we had a variety of meat and shellfish that we cooked in a vegetable broth. The main course also came with lots of different sauces, from plum sauce to curry sauce. It was all quite delicious. (We also had salads, but they weren't anything to blog about.) The meal we ordered came with dessert, but after stuffing our faces for two hours, we realized we would be late for the concert if we didn't leave, so we get to go back another time for a complimentary chocolate fondue! (Just an fyi: if you plan on eating a full meal at The Melting Pot, be sure to block out three hours.)
We decided to walk/run to Abravanel Hall, thinking that it was closer than it really was. Despite the hike, we made it to our seats with time to spare. Whew! We listened to the opening act, and then it was an hour of sidesplitting Regan humor. He performed to a packed house at Abravanel Hall four nights in a row. The night we were there, he said that they were recording the show for a CD. I can't wait 'til it comes out! A good time was had by all. :) Thanks, Mom, for watching the girls!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Brian Regan is hilarious! Sounds like a great birthday:)

Lynda said...

Happy Birthday, Gina! We miss you all so much! (We love Brian Regan, too.)

Joy :) said...

How FUN!!!! Happy Birthday Gina!!

The Davis Family said...

Happy B-day! And Happy B-day to Chloe! I can't believe she is 2! WOW! I can't believe your Mom is 23 either... hehehe! Gina - Dunc... you both look great.