The other day I came across a few pictures of moi and immediately started picking them apart. (Let's face it, close-ups can sometimes be brutal.) I chose one that I thought looked decent and, like I do with all of my photos, opened it in Photoshop. Then I set to work making a few touch-ups on the things about my looks that bother me. (See if you can find the tweaks I made.) Nothing too drastic, mind you; after all, I am one who abhors how the popular media manipulate images and create unrealistic standards of "beauty."
BEFORE
AFTER

Then I thought about this blog post that I had read earlier in the day about body image and I felt kind of ashamed. Why am I being hard on myself? Why am I focusing on aspects of my face that you wouldn't see on a magazine cover? So, I've been thinking a lot about loving myself more, and loving other people more, and not immediately "sizing" people up based on how they look. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to let my body go to pot, but I'm not going to expect too much of myself either. To quote one of my favorite movies: "You see, the French girls would tell you, to believe that you are pretty would make you so" (Wives and Daughters). I think I like that first picture better anyway.
4 comments:
I believe you're pretty:) You're always put together, plus you smile.
Love the first picture! And my first thought on reading your post was, well, yah, it's easy to believe you're pretty when you look like gina!
I can detect at least three changes, but don't feel to spell them out. You are a beautiful woman.
I think that we, as women, get far too caught up in the need to change our appearances, especially as we age. Enjoy your life and your many blessings. You are the central hub of a spectacular family.
You are beautiful Gina! I like the first one.
Post a Comment