Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Octopus Sponge Bath

Chloe got this octopus faucet cover for Christmas last year. It goes over the bathtub faucet and you put colored tablets in its mouth to turn the water a different color. It also prevents kids form bumping their noggin on the protruding faucet. Cute, right?

Well, it looks innocent enough, but once you get the darn thing over the faucet, you can't get it back off. I've tried a couple times and have just given up. Not only does this require using a four-legged spray, but it also limits the use of the shower, since the shower lever is now permanently inside the octopus's head. (By the way, I can never remember the correct punctuation for showing possession on a word that ends in "s". Please forgive me.)

Duncan and I have our own bathroom, so my life is not terribly affected by this dilemma, and Chloe loves the thing; my mother-in-law, however, had a different experience. She came to visit recently and must have had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to take a shower. If I had remembered that the octopus was a permanent fixture, I could have as least prepared her for it, or offered our other shower. I only found out later, after she left, that she had to resort to an octopus sponge bath instead of a shower. I hope she didn't want to wash her hair...

2 comments:

Lynda said...

That is so funny! I always wish that I could come up with some of these great inventions; so creative.

Joy :) said...

That is too funny!!!! It looks cute though!