Friday, August 29, 2008

Does coffee ice cream count?

I'll admit, I love coffee ice cream. But it always seemed like one of those Word of Wisdom gray areas--kind of like Coke. Well, fear no more. There's something even better: Pero ice cream. I discovered this concoction shortly after I gave Duncan an ice cream maker for his birthday last September. (Not that he uses a lot, but he loves ice cream!) You basically just make a regular vanilla ice cream recipe, but instead of adding vanilla, you dissolve 3 or 4 teaspoons of Pero in some milk and add that. It's heavenly. In this last batch, I added coarsely chopped Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips....oh yeah! (Can you tell I like to make sweets?)

2 comments:

Amy said...

oooooo..YUMMY!!! I love Coffee ice cream,but I never eat it because of the Words of Wisdom. Oh I think you need to post the recipe in all its glory. YUMMO!

Amanda said...

Yum! I think I need to make some.