Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Weekend and Moose Sighting

Another General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has come and gone, but we hope the words of love and counsel will not leave our hearts....

Duncan and I were happy to have Nancy B. spend Saturday with us. Her friend, Chase, who just got home from his mission on Friday, also joined us for lunch and the afternoon session. It was good to see him again.

Diannah was the lucky one, though, because she got to share our Conference tradition on Sunday morning: a breakfast of Belgian waffles and buttermilk syrup. Yum!



After conference Duncan, Chloe and I took a scenic drive on the Alpine Loop and to Cascade Springs. On our way home, we pulled off the road to take a picture of the fall trees and white-capped mountains, and did so just as a large moose was crossing the road about a hundred yards or so in front of us. It was beautiful. Here's the best shot I could get, followed by a closeup from that shot.

Here are a couple other fun shots from that day.

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a gorgeous drive. We love nature and being in it. Conference was WONDERFUL. I loved every minute of it.

Nick + Liz said...

Great pictures. Is that your new camera and lens?

Amanda said...

Beautiful pictures. That Chloe is a cutie.

Cindy said...

I love that syrup. I thought about making it...but too lazy!

Joy :) said...

What a beautiful picture of Chloe!